Monday, January 16, 2012

Waiting.

How to start the day... Last year I was getting up early (read: 4:00 AM early!) most mornings and putting some hours of work in toward either my amateur fantasy novel or my writer's blog. It was gratifying at first, but with my poor health, busy young (and also sick) family, as well as my noble attempt at being a runner, I burned out. It's what I do. Today I'm facing a decision. My children have been healthy and amazingly sleeping past 8:00 AM most days, I'm feeling energized and ready to start getting up early again, and I have this nice little blog. But I keep putting off making a habit of getting up to write. One, I'm afraid of burnout, and two, I only want to do what is upright and motivated by a truly god-fearing heart. And so I wait. Do I write to please men or God? Do I serve my family to please them or to do what is right in the eyes of my Father? Do I get up early to prove that I am great or to prepare my heart for a day of service and in so doing prove that God is great? Galatians 1:10 says "For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." But I am a servant of Christ, and so, again, I wait. Do stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment